Welcome readers to this week’s edition of Wordless Wednesday! Enjoy all the wonderful flowers 🙂
As a bride and groom ‘s big day is approaching there are many details to think about for the ceremony and reception. For a wedding ceremony, the focal point is the spot where the vows will take place. A gorgeous backdrop can truly bring a wedding ceremony to life. The backdrop should be a refection of the couple’s personality and love for one another. There are many unique ways to create a dynamic wedding ceremony backdrop! Here are some of our favorites here at Oh So Classy Events:
Flowers and Plants: Using flowers is a classic way to make a beautiful backdrop for any wedding ceremony. There are many different combinations to create the prefect backdrop for your wedding. You could have a backdrop completely covered in flowers or have an arbor that is partially exposed.
Draping: Using fabric to create your backdrop makes for an elegant tone for the ceremony. They are timeless and flow beautifully with the wind if you are outside.
Frames, Windows, and Doors: Using any of these architectural components can create a beautiful frame for your backdrop. You could also use something that has sentimental value to you if possible.
Paper and/or Streamers: One of the hottest trends for ceremony backdrop is using paper or ribbon products to create a bright and colorful backdrop! Bright flowers made from paper and arranged on an arbor makes for a stunning, yet simplistic setting for vows to take place.
Words and Phrases: Using words in your backdrop can create an adorable, fun backdrop! You can customize it many different ways to show off your personality. You can even write something personal, as seen in the third picture. This giant piece of linen has a love poem written on it — how adorable!
We hope you enjoyed some of our favorite backdrops, and we would love to assist you in making your ceremony truly unforgettable!
Now tell us, which one is your favorite?
Here at Oh So Classy Events we hope you all had a wonderful Father’s Day last Sunday! We wanted to celebrate father of the brides this Wordless Wednesday since they mean so much to us. Oh there is such beauty in the relationship between a bride and her father!
Some women have had their wedding colors picked out from birth practically, while some have never thought about it until they had to. It can get pretty overwhelming at times since there are so many amazing options. So here are some things that Oh So Classy Events knows a bride should consider when choosing their wedding colors!
Typically when deciding on colors you should have a maximum of 3 colors: one color to dominate, a color to support, and another color to accent. If you make sure to coordinate your colors by using the color wheel as a guide your colors will look amazing to the eye! There are three different ways to coordinate these colors according to the color wheel:
There are a few other questions that a bride should ask herself when deciding on colors. These questions can greatly influence what your wedding colors will be.
1. What is your wedding style?: Depending on the type of theme you want to have, the wedding colors will need to support the atmosphere you are trying to create. Are you going for a bold modern look? Then you want to go toward bright, strong colors to pull the look off. Do you want a classic romantic look? Then softer, pale colors and tones are the way to go!
2. What colors are used in the decor of your wedding venue?: It is a good idea to use colors that are already intertwined with the venue. It will make your colors pop even more and it won’t clash with them as well. For instance, if the chairs in the reception area are gold, one of the bride’s wedding colors is gold to complement that and use what she has been provided.
3. What time of the year is your wedding in?: Everyone associates certain colors to certain seasons. It is good to consider these seasonal colors since our brain automatically associates these colors with the time of year.
Here is some inspiration for you, so you can start thinking in terms of color combinations based on the color wheel!
(Opposite each other on the color wheel)
(Next to each other on the color wheel)
I know it is helpful for me to look at the color wheel while looking at colors. So if you are getting stuck and you are not sure where to go next, refer to the color wheel!
We hope this is helpful as you are planning your wedding! Let us know by commenting what your wedding colors were/will be or your favorite color combinations! Thanks for reading. ❤
Happy Wednesday Readers!
This week we are kicking off a new series called Wordless Wednesday! Each Wednesday we will be sharing some amazing images since a picture says a thousand words. We hope you get some inspiration from these engagement photos, enjoy! ❤
Jamie Delanie Blog
Newport Wedding Glam
Green Wedding Shoes
Ryan Flynn Photography
Bobbi and Mike
Simply Bloom Photography
Choosing bridesmaid dresses comes with a lot of difficult decisions. Colors, length, silhouettes, shoes, it is a lot to consider! When the bride chooses her wedding dress she is the only one that really has to say yes, but with bridesmaids each one has to say yes to the dress. It is much harder to please multiple bridesmaids than it is to please one bride. Bridesmaids have various tastes and are all shaped differently. It can be next to impossible to find something that flatters everyone, fits into your wedding’s theme and colors, and everyone likes. So here are some tips and inspiration from Oh So Classy Events!
1. Colors: Bridesmaid dresses come in every color imaginable! Some that you may not have even considered before. It is sometimes best to wait till shopping to figure out the color or colors for dresses. You may find that perfect dress that doesn’t come in the exact color you want. Sometimes you will have to sacrifice one aspect for a dress that you originally had your heart set on. There are many different ways you can go with colors. Many brides are now doing many different colors that are similar color tones such as jewel tones, pastel, or the wedding colors. Below are some great color combinations to get some inspiration.
2. Length: Length is very important to a bridesmaid dress. There are many things to consider when deciding on the length. What kind of climate are you getting married in? It doesn’t make much sense to have a short dress in a cold climate even though you may have fallen in love with one. If you are getting married in a rather hot climate and are having less formal wedding it doesn’t make much sense to wear a long formal dress either. If you are on a budget long dresses can stretch your wallet as well. Most of your bridesmaids will probably have to get their dresses hemmed, which will add to the price. So make sure you are considering these factors when deciding on length
3. Hair Accessories: Hair accessories can add great flair to any bridesmaid look. It can really give your bridal party some personality and can go with the theme of certain weddings! Here are some accessories for the bridal party that are sure to make you say ooh and ahh.
Here are some stores in the Tampa Bay area where our clients have had great experiences shopping for bridesmaid dresses:
-White Closet Bridal Co.
We hope that we were able to help you with some tips and inspiration for your bridesmaid dresses! If you need any other help with bridesmaids you can check out our other post on 3 Tips on Choosing Your Bridesmaids and Ideas for Asking “Will you be my Bridesmaid?”
Thank you for reading <3!
Green Wedding Shoes
Style Me Pretty