One of the most important pieces of putting together any wedding is finding the venue! Looking for a venue is such an exciting adventure but can also be very exhausting. It is important to be prepared when touring venues so you will know what questions to ask and know what you are looking for in a venue. A wedding venue adds so much personality and atmosphere to your event, and with the most popular sites often booking far in advance, it’s also important to secure your venue early if not first in your planning process. Here are some tips from Oh So Classy Events for finding your perfect wedding venue!
1. Size is Everything!: Before going to look at venues it is a good idea to have a rough number for your guest list. Although it is not easy to have a number a few weeks into planning, if you don’t have an idea of what size wedding you are going to have you will not be able to pick a venue confidently. If you have a number you will also be able to cross off venues on your list without visiting them. Most venues list their capacities online, that way you won’t be wasting your time on a venue that will not work out. Make sure you also have a little wiggle room. Although an empty venue might look huge when you first visit, that room can quickly fill up with tables and chairs.
2. Full Service or Not?: It is important to find out if the venue is full service or not. Full service usually means many things are provided by the venue such as tables, chairs, linens, catering, staff, ect. Other sites may only charge for the space and leave everything else up to you. To find the option that works best for your wedding, ask yourself how much you would like to personalize your celebration and what that will entail, or decide on a more all-inclusive approach. You’ll also want to ask about what is not included but may be available or what can be taken out of the package. Some venues are very flexible while others are not. For example, a venue may not allow outside caterers, or only vendors from a list that they provide.
3. How Many Events Does the Venue Have Daily?: Although this may seem like a strange question to ask a venue it can become an important detail affecting your wedding. Some venues have up to 3-4 weddings a day! Having so many weddings on one day or weekend may affect your wedding. You may not be able to have as much time for preparation as you need or may have to leave prematurely. Also, if there are many weddings around your wedding, it may become hard to plan a rehearsal at a time that works for everyone and the venue.
4. Match your Venue to your Wedding Style: Finding a venue that matches your wedding style will really pull everything together. All the decor and colors should match seamlessly with the venue. Here are some suggestions on types of venue for popular styles of weddings:
Classic Wedding Style:
- If your guest list is long and you want the feel of classic elegance, a grand hotel ballroom may be your ideal choice. Most have plenty of space, and some can be incredibly ornate in their style and decor, making it easy for you to create an impressive backdrop for your guests.
- For a unique wedding sites that still give off a sophisticated vibe, think mansions, estates, or historic buildings. Some of these vintage-inspired venues are privately owned, and many have an intimate and personal fee.
- For an exclusive setting and picturesque backdrop, private clubs and golf courses are typically immaculately maintained and well-staffed. Choosing one can give your guests entrance to a location they wouldn’t be able to visit otherwise, while offering stunning options for your photographer.
Relaxed Wedding Style:
- A beautiful garden or park can offer an abundance of natural decor for your ceremony. If you can, visit the location at the time of year when you will be getting married to get an idea of the colors and flowers in bloom at that time.
- For a comfortable event with a bit of a countryside vibe, choose a ranch or farm. Rustic, elegant barn settings have been all the rage for years and many couples and designers have found super creative ways to make barns look beautiful.
Modern Wedding Style:
- If your style is modern and you prefer an urban setting, try a local art museum or gallery, a hip restaurant, or an industrial loft space. Historic Ybor has some amazing spaces if you are going for this style!
- If you like the water, check out large tour boats and ships available for events. Choose a beautiful boat with plenty of cabin space in case it rains, so your guests can revel in the view regardless of the weather.
- Do you two share a love of wine and wide-open scenery? Then consider getting married at a winery. There are lots of fabulous wineries who specialize in weddings, and many are well-known for their world-class food and wine. There are winery’s in Plant City if you are located in the area and interested in getting married at a winery, but don’t want to travel far.
We hope that you found these tips helpful on your search to find the perfect venue. Oh So Classy Events is here to assist in helping you with your search for venues! We will make sure you get the best location possible with no surprises or worries.